Monday, December 6, 2010

Doing something that you love

I think that the best sort of job is doing something that you love. I spent the first two years of my collage career trying to figure out what I wanted to do. Nothing seemed to fit right, so I kept changing my major. I knew in the back of my head that I wanted to be a writer, but I also knew if need be I could not support myself as one. So I kept trying to figure out a career to focus on. Finally a had to square with the fact that I am a writer, it is what I love! Even if I feel like I am not the best at it, or really need help in the area of spelling, grammar etc. It doesn't matter, its what I love to do. So I graduated with a university studies degree with a minor in Child Studies (since I want to write for children and young adult), and two clusters one in humanities and the other in creative writing! :) I don't regret the change, because  I want to be doing something that I love! Writing! And speaking of that sometimes it is easy to forget how much I love it! Its strange really, until I am sitting down creating, I don't remember how much fun it is to do. And that means I guess that I need to do it more! So new goal, write more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment