I think that every author has a different answer to that question. Its one that lots of aspiring authors want to know and one I still want to know even though I have written a book. I think it is a process that grows and changes as we learn more. It takes time, dedication, rewrites!!! and planning. Vague answer I know, but true.
I can answer the question: What did it take to write your first Novel?
This is the short answer: (Plus all the computer edits that can't be pictured)
This is the longer answer: It took me years, lots and lots and lots of rewrites and editing. It took lots of learning on the job, times of commitment and times of giving up. It took creating, and deleting, it took submitting, and failing, plotting, it took bravery to share, bravery to change, and patience, lots of patience. Laughter, tears, shock, frustration, joy, feeling down, feeling energized were only some of the emotions it took to accomplish.
And its not exactly done yet. It is in the process of publication and will soon be a real book, with a real cover and all. In a couple of months I will be holding my novel and wow! I will have to tell you what I am feeling then! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment