Thursday, April 21, 2011

Weaknesses

Weaknesses we all have them. As far as writing goes for me, my two biggest weaknesses are motivation, and grammar.  My weakness for motivation I have to fix on my own. Do I watch a fun movie, read a fun book, or peruse my dreams? You would think persueing my dreams would win out every time but that isn't true, because I love love love to read and I love love love movies. So instead of spending two hours watching TV I just need to think, hey how about doing some writing instead, because you love it! Which is very true. My other weakness is Grammar, I try to improve but, haven't done so well at that. For this weakness I need to keep learning and growing in this area. BUT I can't let this weakness become a motivation killer either. That is where friends who are willing to help who don't have this weakness of grammar could be helpful. That is why writing groups are good. Because if we can reach out to help others grow and be willing to help them in return, all of us writers can be better writers! And then perhaps maybe our weaknesses will get stronger, or not be as big of a deal, because we are helping each other grow. So new goal, keep writing even if grammar isn't perfect and have someone look at it to help me out, also, choose to write, if I have a moment to spare!

1 comment: