Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A poem

So I was thinking the other day about some of my friends who are not married as of yet and what I would say if they asked, "what do you think about this guy" or "I think I really like this guy, could he be the one?" sort of questions. I didn't know the answer to these, and depending on the person or the circumstance I am sure my answers would be different. But it got me thinking about a poem. I will never say that I am a poet, but occasionally I do attempt a poem. So here is one that has not been edited this is a first draft and might be the only one, but the idea came from my thoughts above. So just enjoy it! Even if I will admit it isn't the best of poems and that is for sure!


My Advice

 I

Will he love you that day when you express your fears,
when your getting close and you make your boundaries clear.

Will he love you that morning when you look a mess,
make mistake after mistake and spill on your dress?

Will he love you that afternoon when you are running late,
when you have so much to do you have to cancel your date?

Will he love you that evening when you say no,
express your apology and then have to go?

Will he love you that night when you finally say I do
When he gets down on one knee and asks if he can marry you?

Will he love you in that moment when all you can do is cry?
When there is nothing to fix and you don’t know why?

Will he love you that dusk when the money is tight?
You have bills to pay and don’t wish to fight?

Will he love you till the end of time,
no matter what happens in your lifetime?

II

Could you love him that day when you’re newly married
when your figuring out life and don’t wish to be carried?

Could you love him that morning when your super sick
When he’s trying to cheer you up with a not so funny trick?

Could you love him that afternoon when you are moving again?
When you can’t decide where things go and your patience is thin?

Could you love him that evening when he is doing projects late?
When you hope he is having fun, but don’t want to wait?

Could you love him that night when the baby cries,
for the sixth time and you can’t open your eyes,

Could you love him in that moment when there is nothing to do,
When nothing sounds fun and you just want to boo.

Could you love him that dusk when he wakes you with a kiss,
tells you to hurry and get dressed to see something you wont want to miss.

Could you love him till the end of time,
no matter what happens in your lifetime?
Cassie M. Shiels

No comments:

Post a Comment